Translate

jueves, 29 de noviembre de 2012

REGULAR VERBS







Regular verbs


1.    Complete the sentences with the Past simple of the verbs in the box

/ˈɡrædʒueɪt/       /ˈstʌdi/         /tʃeɪndʒ/         /traɪ/            /stɑrt/        /daɪ/         /wɜrk /         /end/        /lɪv/         /help/        /wɔk/

a.   My brother _______ last year. He was at Glasgow University.
b.   The Second World War _______ in 1939, and ________ six years later, in 1945.
c.   Elvis Presley, the King of Rock ' n ' Roll,_______in 1977.
d.   There were no more buses, so I ________home.
e.   When I was at school, my parents often________ me with my homework.
f.     I ________ French when I was at school, but I don't remember very much now.
g.   I ________ to phone you last night, but there was no answer.
h.   When he was a young musician, Reg Dwight _______ his name to Elton John.
i.     The composer Chopin was born in Poland, but he _______ in France for many years.
j.     I _______ in cinema for a big computer company in the nineties.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario